Dear Chuck,

I'd love to brainstorm some other options. My library was one of those that
paid $7500 to help "purchase" this database for TN (we paid an extra
$1500/year from 2006-2010 for what we thought would be permanent access)
and we continue to use this database regularly. We also made some decisions
about the retention of the print volumes of Contemporary Literary
Criticism, etc. with the assumption that the same content would remain
available through this database. Will Gale let us continue to access the
content we "purchased" as of 2007 and perhaps we just lose access to newly
added content? Have you considered surveying members as to whether they
would be willing to pay a (hopefully) discounted amount to continue access
to LRC? Or adding it as an option to TENN-SHARE's discounted database
offerings? If not, I would like to look at forming a smaller consortium
with interested schools and see what price Gale could offer us.

Thanks so much,
Susan Timmons
The Harpeth Hall School
Nashville, TN