[External Email]

Good morning -

As of August 12th, the Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL) will no longer provide statewide access to Gale Literature Resource Center database. This includes access to Gale Literary Sources, Twayne's Authors Series and the Scribner Writer Series.  The contract for Gale Literature Resource Center was up for renewal at the end of 2020 but with declining usage and the need for immediate budget tightening, TEL is terminating the contract early.

TEL will still have literature coverage through other databases including Books and Authors, LitFinder and through journals available through Gale General OneFile, Gale Academic OneFile, Gale in Context: Middle School and Gale in Context: High School.

Thank you for your support of TEL. TEL will continue to provide access to its core research areas including academic databases, encyclopedias, test prep resources, TN records and news resources.  We are actively assessing our budget and usage to continue to provide Tennesseans with online access to the best materials.

If Gale Literature Resource Center is essential to your school, library or university, please contact your Gale sales rep or Hilary Fox at [log in to unmask].

Please let me know if you have any questions and concerns.

Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline