From: Michael Dowling <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 11:27 AM
Subject: [alacro-l] Chapter Help ALA Track Covid Exposure Closures
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

To Chapters:

ALA needs your help and assistance. We are seeing that libraries are having to close temporarily or adjust due to a known exposure or positive contact of a staff member or a customer.

ALA would like to track this on a national level, but need your help in providing us information when a library in your state reports an exposure/positive case. In most cases the library closes access to their facility. In a couple of cases the library/branch has remained open.

Below are libraries in 13 states that we have heard about in news reports.

If you can send us a message or link to a news report to Mariel Colbert [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

And if you are already tracking on your own, or your state library is can you let us know.

Thanks!

Feel free to ask any questions on this effort, which we are just starting.

Michael

Libraries Closed Temprorarily Due to COVID Exposure

Anchorage, AK

Jacksoville, FL
Miami Dade County, FL
Key West, FL

Savannah, GA

Danville Library, IL

Indianapolis, IN

Livingston Parish, LA

Mid-Continent Library, MO
Scenic Regional Library,MO
St. Louis County, MO

Fairfield Lane Library, OH (second closure)

Charleston County, SC
Edgefield County, SC

Richmond, VA

Vienna Public Library, WV

Halting Curbside Due to COVID Exposure

Grand Forks, ND

Positive Exposure but Stayed Open

Anne Arundel County, MD

Dayton, OH

If you no longer wish to receive information via this e-list, here are the instructions on how to unsubscribe:

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:
* Go to http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/alacro-l
* Log in on this page; first time users will need to get a password by following instructions
* Choose Unsubscribe from the left-hand column and follow instructions