[External Email]

The Clarksville-Montgomery County Public Library (CMCPL) is looking for a dynamic librarian to serve as our new Public Services Supervisor. This position supervises the two main Public Service desks – circulation and the upstairs information desk - and also assists with programming and outreach. Starting pay is $48,082.06, with excellent benefits - job description attached.

CMCPL serves all of Montgomery County, which has now reached a population of over 200,000 people. This is an exciting time in our library’s history as we are on the verge of building our first branch library in north Clarksville. CMCPL is also on the leading edge of technology as an RFID library with nine self-checkout stations and having recently purchased a 9-bin automated material handling (check-in) system. We have recently also completed a phase-one renovation of the existing 74,000 square foot, two-story main library. Another renovation is on the horizon that will include the enclosed children’s library. Come work with us and help us plan the next steps to make all of this happen!

Clarksville, pop. 158,146, is located on the banks of the mighty Cumberland River and is home to Austin Peay State University. It is also adjacent to Ft. Campbell – home of the 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles. These anchoring facilities, along with Hankook Tire and the recent addition of a Google data center are some of the economic drivers that have kept Clarksville as one of the fastest growing cities in Tennessee and as Money Magazine’s #1 place to live in 2019.

If you would like to apply for the Public Services Supervisor position please visit Montgomery County Human Resources at this link: https://mss.montgomerycountytn.org/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx

Closing date is 8/14/2020

All the best,

Martha Hendricks

Director, Clarksville-Montgomery County Public Library

350 Pageant Lane, Suite 501

Clarksville TN 37040

Office 931-648-8826 x21400

Fax 931-648-8831