[External Email]

Hi all:

  Nominations are now open for the American Library Association’s Honorary Membership award.  I have written a letter nominating Ms. Dolly Parton in recognition of her twenty-five years of working for literacy in our state and around the world.  I am attaching my recommendation but… here’s the ask:

I need at least 3 more letters of recommendation to attach to her nomination form.  I’d like to suggest the Public library in Sevierville (putting you folks on the spot), the TLA President (on behalf of its members) , and the TASL President (on behalf of their members) but… anyone is welcome.  If you feel like you can write a strong letter of recommendation fairly quickly, please reach out to me off list so I can add your letter to her nomination packet.  I must mention, too, that she was awarded the “Making a Difference” award by TLA in 2011.

Please let me know!

Susan

TN Library Association Councilor to ALA

Susan L. Jennings