Dear All,

It is my pleasure to announce that Kenny Moss successfully defended his Master's thesis this morning. The title of his thesis is “Identifying Smokestacks in Remotely Sensed Imagery via Deep Learning Algorithms.” Kenny's committee consists of Drs. Liem Tran, Nicholas Nagle, David Page (ORNL), and myself as chair/major professor.

Kenny has been offered a Cartographer position at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) as well as another potential offer elsewhere. Well done, Kenny! Congratulations!

On behalf of Kenny and myself, I would like to thank Drs. Tran, Nagle, and Page for serving on Kenny's committee. Without their support and guidance, Kenny would not be able to get to this point.

Thanks.

Qiusheng Wu, PhD
Assistant Professor of Geography
309 Burchfiel Geography Building