[External Email]

Classes

Live webinars, free information sessions, and demonstrations

View Our Scheduled Classes

July Classes Spotlight:

Teaching Online in Plain Language: Creating Clear Research Guides, Library Websites, and Online Instruction

Wednesday, July 8, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET

Instructor: Jason Puckett

“Plain language” is a term from the legal field: federal law requires that government agencies are required to use clear communication that the public can understand and use. As online teachers, we can take advantage of the set of clear guidelines and best practices that has grown up around this requirement. The federal plain language guidelines are fully in line with web usability recommendations, and can help streamline and clarify our online teaching. Whether you’re writing for a library website, a tutorial, a research guide or some other format, you’ll learn how to make your materials more accessible to the widest possible audience without dumbing them down.

LYRASIS Learning

Did you know that you can access all of our classes listed above, and all our past classes, for one annual fee for your whole institution? Subscribe to LYRASIS Learning to access everything. Find more information here or contact [log in to unmask]

LYRASIS | 1438 West Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30309