[External Email]

The NALA Conference Planning Workgroup would like to let you know about some changes that we have decided to make to the 2020 conference. During this time of COVID-19, we have decided to move the conference online for the safety of attendees and presenters; therefore, we are asking that presenters be able to present in an online/webinar format.  Anyone on our workgroup is available to take questions about this format and expectations from presenters should you have any concerns.

The NALA “Support Staff as Leaders” 2020 Conference is now a two-day ONLINE event providing high quality sessions for Nashville Area library support staff. This year our theme will be “The Many Hats of Support Staff”.  This event is an excellent opportunity for colleagues to share expertise specific to libraries and support staff. We are seeking timely, thought-provoking educational sessions that directly relate to support staff and their jobs within the library. Topics we would like to cover are customer service, morale building, technology uses and its challenges, workforce issues and/or programs.

The NALA “Support Staff as Leaders” Conference Planning Workgroup are seeking proposals to review for our conference to be held on October 22-23, 2020.  Each presenter is allowed 30-45 minutes for presenting and follow up questions. The deadline to submit proposals is July 1, 2020. The Workgroup will review all proposals and notify applicants of the committee’s selections via email on or before August 1, 2020. Please submit proposals including the title and a brief description of presentation, presenter(s) name(s) and contact information to Machelle Keen at [log in to unmask] .  Please feel free to contact any member of the workgroup with questions.

Sincerely,

NALA Conference Planning SSALWG

Machelle Keen, Karen Swoopes, Jodie, Gambill, Jenifer Grady, Brynna Farris and Nicole Wood

Karen M. Swoopes, PACE

Administrative Assistant, Peabody Library

PMB 135 - 230 Appleton Place

Nashville, TN  37203-5721

 [log in to unmask]" alt="pathways-excellence-insignia">  [log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]">