Good Morning Geographers and Sustainers,

There are three upcoming opportunities that you may want to participate in. I’ve listed them here and placed details below.

  1. Zoom Side Chat with Lauren Sinclair on incorporating geography, cartography, and GIS in the K-12 classroom | Thursday June 4, 2020
  2. Informal, virtual town hall with Dr. Derek Alderman to discuss the events going on around the country and how we as students, faculty, and staff can support our community | Thursday June 4, 2020
  3. Free Cloud Computing Training | Summer 2020

Zoom Side Chat with Lauren Sinclair | Thursday June 4, 2020 | 3:30 pm ET | Please note the meeting password below

Hi there,

Michael Camponovo is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Zoom-side Chats

Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/99889471273

    Password: burchfiel

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +16468769923,99889471273#  or +13017158592,99889471273#

Or Telephone:

    Dial:

    +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)

    +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)

    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)

    +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)

    +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)

    +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)

    Meeting ID: 998 8947 1273

    International numbers available: https://tennessee.zoom.us/u/aba5IJT1Je

Or an H.323/SIP room system:

    H.323: 162.255.37.11 (US West) or 162.255.36.11 (US East)

    Meeting ID: 998 8947 1273

    Password: 916173

    SIP: [log in to unmask]

    Password: 916173

Informal Town Hall with Dr. Alderman | Thursday June 4, 2020 | 4:20 pm ET | We’ll use the same meeting URL and password as above

The Haslam Business Analytics Program is offering a free, online training program this summer to learn more about cloud computing resources like Microsoft Azure and Google cloud. There are two tracks, a 10 week technical track that prepares you for some exams and credentials and a 5 week management track. You will need programming experience (python) to participate in the 10 week course. Details and registration at  https://haslam.utk.edu/business-analytics-statistics/summer-program. You will complete a Google Form to register for the program and will be emailed details for the course and added to their Microsoft Teams group. The programs are asynchronous with a weekly, live Q and A session. Dr. Camponovo and I, along with some of our MBA cohort, will be in the various programs.

Stay safe and be compassionate,

Michael Camponovo

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department, UT Knoxville