[External Email]
Hi all -
TEL has some really great things happening in the next month. We still have Tumblebooks<https://tntel.info/news/2020-03-18/tumblebooks-ebooks-students> (through August 31st) and all of the World Book<http://www.galesupport.com/telGeo/telGeoLink.php?db=WB&uname=tel_s_tsla> databases (at least through the end of May).

Kids Infobits - Becoming Gale in Context: Elementary
At the end of this month, Kids Infobits is getting a makeover and name change.  These changes mirror what the enhancements to Gale's databases last summer so it will have the same look and feel as the other Gale databases. There has been lots of discussion about the name but Gale is sticking with Gale in Context: Elementary as it is the building block to the rest of the In Context databases.

On Friday, May 29, 2020, Gale Kids InfoBits<https://www.gale.com/c/kids-infobits?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&utm_campign=gct201342305> will receive product enhancements and become Gale In Context: Elementary. These product enhancements are designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success, both in the classroom and online.

The updated product name-Gale In Context: Elementary-reflects Gale's commitment toward supporting the full progression of a student as they develop their research abilities. It also empowers educators with additional clarity around which product best fits the needs of their students.
In addition to an updated product name, Gale Kids InfoBits will also receive the following product enhancements:

  *   Kid-Friendly Interface
A completely redesigned user experience created specifically for young students that encourages exploration through a visual topic tree.
  *   Topic Pages (previously known as portals)
Topic pages provide students with short, age-appropriate summaries for topics and organize resources for easy use in research projects.
  *   Leveled Content
Leveled topic overviews provide users with both a basic and advanced version of the same overview, allowing educators to differentiate instruction.
  *   I Wonder . . .
I Wonder questions engage young users' curiosity and draw them into topics. Continuously updated, the I Wonder question on the home page encourages daily exploration.
  *   Rich Content
Search through over 16,600 indexed images, 600 videos, and 1,700 charts and graphs.
  *   Powerful Platform
The migration to a new proprietary platform will allow users to:
·        Search by Lexile range or find content based on basic, intermediate, or advanced learning levels to support differentiated learning styles.
·        Use ReadSpeaker text-to-speech technology and on-demand article translation into over 20 languages-on-screen and read-aloud.
·        Use citation tools to easily create a bibliography for their research.
·        Use the Highlights and Notes feature to annotate and track their questions and ideas.

If you want to take a spin on the new platform, just contact me and I can send you a link to a sandbox.

Upcoming Webinars
Support for English Language Learners in World Book Online
May 13, 2020 at 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM CST/ 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM EST
Description:  Learn how to use World Book Online's features to support English Language Learners.  We will look at each resource with the lens of supporting ELL and spend time diving into Discover and Encilopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos.
Registration Link:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5991601003619885581

Sneak Peek of Kids InfoBits (Gale In Context: Elementary) Enhancements
Friday, May 15, 2020, 1:00-1:30 PM CT/2:00-2:30 PM ET
On May 29th, Kids InfoBits will become Gale In Context: Elementary, and will receive enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on elementary student success. In this webinar, we'll offer a sneak peek at these upcoming changes. This session will be recorded.
Registration Link:  https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_k7tIJqCZRZOpoxEEsLazzA<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_k7tIJqCZRZOpoxEEsLazzA__;!!PRtDf9A!615xL98heoVJuKf_lXM6sqisRQjhocWTNr425lletC2aLZrXy6gwX4CnB-a0I6kH25PD$>

Accessibility Tools and Gale Resources for All Users
May 20, 2020 at 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM CST/ 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM EST
Description: Discover all the features available in your Tennessee Electronic Library resources from Gale (Gale In Context: Middle School, Gale General OneFile, and Gale Health and Wellness) that support the needs of your English language learners and reach more users with our accessibility support tools! In this session, you'll learn how our various tools support all your learners: Text-to-Speech, Translate, Topic Finder and so many more features can be utilized to find content for every learner! We'll also explore how Gale's rich multimedia content can meet the needs of all your users as well. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.
Registration Link:  https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_KJSt8qUaR4SD9jUoixiITQ<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_KJSt8qUaR4SD9jUoixiITQ__;!!PRtDf9A!7IPX565rLdRP16WYku8FECVy_2FwR8ZBZ57Lr02IyI6wr1ZwmA1WA7qjhhYc8WZcgxjR$>

Gale In Context: Elementary (formerly Kids InfoBits)
Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 1:30-2:00 PM CT/ 2:30-3:00 PM ET
On May 29th, Kids InfoBits (now called Gale In Context: Elementary) will receive interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on student success. In this webinar, we'll share what's changed with Gale In Context: Elementary, including both interface and specific tool enhancements. Join us to learn how these improvements will help users research smarter, not harder. (Learn more about these enhancements at https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.gale.com/product-enhancements__;!!PRtDf9A!615xL98heoVJuKf_lXM6sqisRQjhocWTNr425lletC2aLZrXy6gwX4CnB-a0I7-8uh7F$>.) This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.
Registration Link:  https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Ldl7GzSHQzqFx3kuI7J_Vw<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Ldl7GzSHQzqFx3kuI7J_Vw__;!!PRtDf9A!615xL98heoVJuKf_lXM6sqisRQjhocWTNr425lletC2aLZrXy6gwX4CnB-a0IwFnn8Fm$>

Beyond webinars, here are some places to grab social media images about various programs!

Marketing Materials<https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/NjQ3NDYwOTI2MTda/a/NzU0NjM0MTA4ODda/details>

  *   You can always email me for resources and I will send what supplies I have but each of our vendors also have online resources that you can print, post and modify to promote these resources to send to your students and teachers.
     *   TEL<https://tntel.info/library-staff/promote-tel>
     *   Gale<https://support.gale.com/marketing/products/>
     *   WorldBook<https://www.worldbookonline.com/training/free-resources/free-resources-index.htm>
     *   Proquest<https://www.proquest.com/customer-care/tools-resources-new/>
     *   Transparent Language<https://home.transparent.com/library-marketing-kit>

Thanks!
Andrea

Andrea Zielke
TEL Administrator
Tennessee Electronic Library<https://t.sidekickopen05.com/s1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs7fsQ6KVcVPs65vwq9jW5wvxsz56dxNMf7j4bs802?t=https%3A%2F%2Ftntel.info%2F&si=5366700099239936&pi=9a248867-b200-4bee-8b27-8181bfc9e55c>
Tennessee State Library and Archives
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
403 7th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: 615-532-4627
Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState<http://www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState>
www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline<http://www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline>