Hello Geographers and Sustainers,

Below is some information on library services from our UT library liaison Greg March.  Scan on demand is back, but with a big caveat that the library cannot scan anything available on Hathitrust.   The library also can't scan anything for you that is available electronically, but if it is available electronically you probably already have it.

If you haven't tried Hathitrust, you'll 1) be surprised that they have so much and 2) likely be frustrated about how funky it is.  For example, you cannot download a PDF, just look at things on screen and make your own screen shots, page by page.   And some of what I looked at seemed a little blurry.

I'm not kidding -- I wish I were.

Here are two links:

How-To page with screenshots and instructions, which may be helpful - https://www.hathitrust.org/ETAS-How-To
and a printer-friendly version at https://www.hathitrust.org/print/3001.

Anticipating that you would ask, I asked Greg about Library Express or the chance to pick up a book at the library in person.  It appears that neither option will exist until Fall.  I know this is a bummer, and as above I know the Hathitrust system is far from ideal.  The library folks know this, too.

Stay safe and keep reading,

Your loyal library rep,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor