Dear all,

For your information, Adam Alsamadisi will defend his PhD dissertation today at 10:30 am over Zoom.

The title of his dissertation is “The Nexus of Biogeography and GIScience: Utilizing Emerging Big Data Sources and Multiscale Analysis for Species Distribution Models.”  Adam’s committee consists of Drs. Sally Horn, Qiusheng Wu, Mona Papes (EEB), and myself as chair/major professor.

The defense/dissertation oral examination will begin with Adam giving a presentation/summary discussion of the dissertation followed by a few minutes of questions and/or comments from the public in attendance. We then move into a committee-only meeting in which Adam completes his defense.

 If you are interested in attending Adam’s dissertation presentation and general Q&A, please use the Zoom link below (using the password provided-geography). Note that the event will start sharply at 10:30 am and  I would ask that you join the Zoom meeting in time to avoid causing distraction.

Topic: Adam Alsamadisi's dissertation defense

Time: May 8, 2020 10:25 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) ​

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/6880495728​

    Password: geography​

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +13017158592,6880495728#  or +13126266799,6880495728# ​

Or Telephone:​

    Dial:​

    +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)​

    +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)​

    +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)​

    +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)​

    +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)​

    +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)​

    Meeting ID: 688 049 5728​

    International numbers available: https://tennessee.zoom.us/u/dTaN9NoC​

Or an H.323/SIP room system:​

    H.323: 162.255.37.11 (US West) or 162.255.36.11 (US East) ​

    Meeting ID: 688 049 5728​

    Password: 325902​

    SIP: [log in to unmask]

    Password: 325902​

Best wishes,

Liem Tran

Liem Tran, Ph.D.

Professor, Department of Geography

Civil & Environmental Engineering (Adjunct)

University of Tennessee at Knoxville

Tel: 865-974-6034; Fax: 865-974-6025