Refund for transportation fee and VA benefits.

We have received a number of questions about student fees for the remainder of the academic year. We are here to help and want to share the following guidance with you.

With the transition to online classes for the remainder of the spring semester, our campus has outlined a plan to provide prorated refunds of several student fees for services that cannot be accommodated in other ways.

Beginning the week of April 6, 2020, student accounts will be updated to reflect refunds—prorated for the period between March 23 to May 9, 2020—for the following:

  • On-campus housing
  • Meal plans
  • Study abroad fees
  • Transportation fees
  • Parking permits

If you are using post 9/11 GI BILL benefits then VA has paid a portion of, or all of your transportation fee. At this time we will need to adjust the cost of your transportation fee. Once the adjustment is made the refund, if any will be sent back to VA and not the student. VA will send the school an overpayment letter.

This will only affect post 9/11 GI BILL recipients if VA has paid a portion or all of your transportation fee.

http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif

Jayetta M. Rogers
Director

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville