[External Email]
Hook Line and Sinker: Reeling in Your Patrons
1.     Fri, Apr 24, 2020 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CDT
[https://images.gotowebinar.com/a66eb895167329ef2ae50966813abbf1]Library spaces play an essential role for our customers and students by providing safe, comfortable places to study and collaborate. The Stevenson Science and Engineering Library at Vanderbilt University is a busy, 24- hour facility, which has previously been a mostly silent study area with very little customer engagement or community feeling.
Attempting to build community and reel our patrons into these opportunities, we began a program to engage users in the library spaces. This presentation will describe how we recognized the need for change and implemented programming to connect with our users. Some of the most successful programs will be highlighted as well as lessons learned and next steps.
Machelle Keen is the Collections and Facilities Coordinator/Administrative Assistant to the Director at the Science and Engineering Library at Vanderbilt University. She has worked in the Vanderbilt University Libraries for 30 years. Her passions are reading, her grandchildren, life-long learning and helping to make a difference. She has developed, chaired and planned "Partners in Progress VUL Support Staff Conference" and the "Support Staff as Leaders NALA Conference 2019". She is currently planning NALA 2020 "The Many Hats of Support Staff" with a team from local libraries. She is developing her dream of creating opportunities for support staff to attend professional development conferences and feel empowered through learning.
https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3732088117142844939