[External Email]

Looking for something to do during the remote working environment?   Have you or your team done something new and innovative that you could share with others?   Now is the time to begin planning how you share that with others in the library world!

The NALA “Support Staff as Leaders” Conference is a one-day gathering providing high quality sessions and networking opportunities for Nashville Area library support staff. This year our theme will be “The Many Hats of Support Staff”.  This event is an excellent opportunity for members to share expertise specific to libraries and support staff. We are seeking timely, thought-provoking educational sessions that directly relate to support staff and their jobs within the library. Topics we would like to cover are customer service, technology uses and its challenges, workforce issues and/or programs.

The NALA “Support Staff as Leaders” Workgroup are seeking proposals to review for our conference to be held on October 23, 2020.  Each presenter is allowed 45 minutes for presenting and follow up questions. The deadline to submit proposals is May 31, 2020. The Workgroup will review all proposals and notify applicants of the committee’s selections via email on or before August 1, 2020. During this time of COVID-19 we ask that presenters be prepared to convert their proposal to an online/webinar format in the eventuality that we must make our event online rather than in-person.

Please submit proposals including the title and a brief description of presentation, presenter(s) name(s) and contact information to Machelle Keen at [log in to unmask] .  Please feel free to contact any member of the workgroup with questions.

Sincerely,

NALA SSALWG

Machelle Keen, Karen Swoopes, Jenifer Grady, Brynna Farris and Nicole Wood.