Next on AL Live: 3D Printing PPE

[External Email]

Free Webinar:

Libraries and COVID-19:

Using 3D Printing to Make Personal Protective Equipment

Thursday, April 9

12 p.m. Eastern | 11 a.m. Central

10 a.m. Mountain | 9 a.m. Pacific

Personal protective equipment (PPE) for health care workers is in critically short supply. To mitigate the ongoing crisis, some public and academic libraries are using their 3D printers to create PPE components such as face shields and N95 respirator masks that are needed on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.

In this episode of American Libraries Live, we’ll talk with librarians who have facilitated the creation of PPE components in partnerships with local hospitals and health organizations. We’ll discuss how you can replicate some of these efforts for your community.

Panelists include:

• T. J. Ferrill, head of creative spaces, J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah

• Brandon Patterson, technology engagement librarian, Eccles Health Sciences Library, University of Utah

• Ab. Velasco, manager, innovation, Toronto Public Library

• Jillian Rutledge, public services manager, Waterloo (IA) Public Library

Tune in to this free 60-minute webcast at 12 p.m. Eastern on April 9. Don’t miss out! Register now.

Registration and attendance for this event is limited, but a recording will be posted on our AL Live page as soon as it is available.

In case you missed our previous Libraries and COVID-19 Webinars:

Libraries and COVID-19: Managing Strategies and Stress

Libraries and COVID-19: Providing Virtual Services

Libraries and COVID-19: Considering Copyright during a Crisis

ALA
 Publishing Logo

If you no longer wish to receive American Libraries announcements, please click here.
To unsubscribe from all American Library Association communications, click here.

American Library Association, 50 East Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611 | Privacy Policy

Higher Logic