Dear IS PhD Students,

I am writing to check-in with you to see how you are doing.  We’ve all just made it through a difficult month, and I hope by now you have found some positive, new ways of being and given yourself permission to not be as productive as you might have originally planned. Absorbing, adjusting and planning now require even more cognitive and emotional resources than before.  I’ve definitely struggled to adjust, but have also learned a lot of new things about myself. I hope you’ve developed at least one new routine that you will keep once this is all over.

You may have forgotten that we had previously scheduled an IS PhD Student/Faculty Brownbag for this coming Wednesday (4/15) at noon to review research statements.  Because of new challenges, we need to cancel this event.

However, I still welcome the opportunity to have virtual lunch with you, so I’ll open my Zoom room (see signature below) from noon to 1pm on Wednesday and I invite you to join me for lunch, or to just pop-in for a chat.

Stay well,

Diane

---

Diane Kelly, PhD, she/her/hers
Professor and Director
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park Dr., Suite 451
Knoxville, TN 37996-0341
Telephone: 865-974-5882
Zoom:  https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/5595360815

facebook30       instagramupdated       twitter30       linkedinlogo30
spacer
School of Information Sciences - Shortcut-2Line