Dear folks:

It is my pleasure to announce that Ethan Bottone successfully defended his PhD dissertation today. The title of his dissertation is "The Green Book and a Black Sense of Movement: Black Mobilities and Motilities During the Jim Crow Era."

Ethan and I extend our appreciation to his doctoral committee members, Drs. Solange Muņoz, Stefanie Benjamin, and  James Williams.  Allow me to say on a personal note as Ethan's advisor/major professor how much it has been an honor to work with him over the past four years.

I am also happy to announce that Ethan has accepted a tenure-track faculty position in Geography at Northwest Missouri State University.  He will begin that post this coming fall semester.

Please join me in congratulating Ethan.

DA

Derek H. Alderman, PhD
Professor of Geography<http://geography.utk.edu/about-us/faculty/dr-derek-alderman/>
Betty Lynn Hendrickson Professor of Social Science
Department of Geography, University of Tennessee
408 Burchfiel Geography Building, Knoxville, TN 37996-0925
Voice: (865) 974-0406
Founder & Co-Coordinator, Tourism RESET<http://www.tourismreset.com/>
Past President, American Association of Geographers<http://www.aag.org/> (2017-18)
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Twitter: @MLKStreet