[External Email]
Hello!

I am emailing as a representative of the Membership Committee of the Southern Chapter of the Medical Library Association.  If you serve health sciences students or professionals, or if you have an interest in health sciences librarianship, we'd love to have you join our chapter!

We are a regional professional organization made up of health sciences and other librarians from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and the Virgin Islands. Our goals include promoting health care excellence through timely access to information, raising interest in health sciences libraries and information management, and providing continuing education and professional development opportunities. Information about our organization can be found on our Chapter web site: https://southernchaptermla.wildapricot.org/.

The membership fee is $30 per year for working librarians. Student membership is free. Membership gains you access to our Chapter email list where you can communicate and collaborate with other health sciences information professionals throughout the southeast region.  We also hold an annual meeting, usually in October, that includes continuing education classes, keynote speakers, as well as paper and poster presentations by members.  This year's meeting will take place October 22nd - 24th in Montgomery, AL.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have - please feel free to contact me.  We hope you will join us!

Sincerely,
Kelsey

Kelsey Grabeel, MSIS, AHIP
Assistant Director of the Health Information Center
Associate Professor
Health Information Center
Preston Medical Library
1924 Alcoa Hwy, Box U-111