[External Email]

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Megan Cusick
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 9:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [alacro-l] Advocacy update

Good afternoon.   Yesterday, I sent a link to resources that reflect some of the work ALA is doing to ensure that libraries are included in federal COVID-19 recovery plans. Those resources includ

Caution! This message was sent from outside your organization.

Allow sender | Block sender

sophospsmartbannerend

Good afternoon.

Yesterday, I sent a link to resources that reflect some of the work ALA is doing to ensure that libraries are included in federal COVID-19 recovery plans. Those resources include a template letter that ALA sent to every member of Congress, and that can be adapted for use at the state level.

Today, I want to share the one-pager that details the reasoning behind that request—and how federal funding relief can support libraries across the country. It is attached as a PDF and will be uploaded to the website shortly. It was sent to federal legislators earlier today and will be included in a call-to-action going out this evening. It may also help you, at the state level, as you begin to formulate your own requests to state lawmakers.

Some requests for you:

Feel free to forward this update to committees or your statewide lists, as desired.

Thanks, everyone. Stay safe, be well.

Megan

Megan Murray Cusick, MLIS

Assistant Director, State Advocacy

American Library Association

50 E. Huron Street

Chicago, IL 60611-2795

312-280-2423

800-545-2433 ext. 2423

If you no longer wish to receive information via this e-list, here are the instructions on how to unsubscribe:

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:
* Go to http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/alacro-l
* Log in on this page; first time users will need to get a password by following instructions
* Choose Unsubscribe from the left-hand column and follow instructions