[External Email]

Academic Libraries... could you please fill out?  One per institution!  Thank you!

Susan J

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Christine Wolff-Eisenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:44 PM
To: Carrie Cruce; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: [cjcls-l] Libraries handling COVID campus closures

Dear colleagues,

Over the past week, Lisa Hinchliffe and I have been documenting updates to US academic library policies and services. The survey we’ve fielded has now been taken by individuals at over 600 institutions.

We would be incredibly grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete the survey: https://surveys.ithaka.org/jfe/form/SV_8qN8F2274hMBBBz. If you’ve already taken it – thank you. If you’ve taken it and your policies have changed, we would very much appreciate you submitting an update.

We’ve built out a number of dashboards of results updated in real time that may be of interest for advocacy and decision-making:

-        Results from all libraries: https://ql.tc/aAaxhh

-        Results from libraries at non-residential institutions: https://ql.tc/Q0TfA9

-        Results from libraries that have closed their physical locations: https://ql.tc/0qevAA

-        An analysis + summary of the first four days of data collection (“Academic Library Strategies Shift to Closure and Restriction: The Next 48 Hours of Academic Library Response to COVID19”): https://sr.ithaka.org/blog/academic-library-strategies-shift-to-closure-and-restriction/

Additional information about the initiative can be found at https://tinyurl.com/covidlibrary. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Best,

Christine

Christine Wolff-Eisenberg