[External Email]

Sent: Monday, March 9, 2020 12:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Mini-Grants for Children's Day Book Day!

Fully Booked By We Need Diverse Books
March 2020

View this email in your browser

Apply for a Children's Day Book Day Mini-Grant!

For more information about the mini-grants and how to apply, click here

Attention teachers, librarians, and literacy advocates! From March 9 to March 20, 2020, WNDB will accept applications to receive one of 10 mini-grants ($250 each) for schools, libraries, and other educational institutions within the United States to celebrate Children’s Day, Book Day. WNDB is excited to provide additional financial resources to literacy advocates who are taking part in the 24th anniversary of Children’s Day, Book Day.

The mini-grant application will open on Monday, March 9 at 9:00 AM (Eastern) and close on Friday, March 20 at 11:59 PM (Eastern). Our team will email winners by March 27. Funds can be used to support Children’s Day, Book Day celebrations that will take place from April 1 to April 30.

Pat Mora, poet and author of books for children, teens, and adults, founded Children’s Day, Book Day in 1996 inspired by the April Mexican celebration of El Dia Del Nino, the Day of the Children. This national initiative aims to bring bookjoy to all children and their families throughout the year. Annually, Children’s Day, Book Day celebrations take place in April culminating on April 30 with book fiestas, giveaways, author visits, among other activities, held at schools, libraries, childcare centers, parks, universities/colleges, and community centers across the country.

To apply for a mini-grant, please fill out the application form here.

Keep up with us on social media for updates, Twitter chats, book suggestions, and more!

Twitter

Facebook

Website

Tumblr

Copyright © 2020 #WeNeedDiverseBooks, All rights reserved.
You've received this message because you're interested in further news from the #WeNeedDiverseBooks campaign, including future initiatives, giveaways and events. We promise not to spam you, and thank you for your interest in diversifying our shelves!

Our mailing address is:

#WeNeedDiverseBooks

10319 Westlake Drive

Bethesda, MD 20817-6403

Add us to your address book

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

All the best,

Kate Greene Smith

Youth Services and Special Projects Coordinator

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

PH: (615) 253-6445

FAX: (615) 532-9904

Email: [log in to unmask]

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline