From: Koory, Emma <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 4:25 PM
To: Kalafsky, Ronald V <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Undergraduate Research Symposium

Hello Dr. Kalafsky,

My name is Emma Koory and I am reaching out on behalf of the Undergraduate Research Students' Association (URSA). I was hoping you could pass this research opportunity along to the faculty members in the Department of Geography and to the undergraduate students in your department who are interested in presenting their research this spring! Below is information on the upcoming Undergraduate Research Symposium. Please encourage your students to present and attend the symposium. The symposium precedes UTK's EUReCA, providing students an excellent opportunity to present their work at a low pressure event to prepare for larger conferences.

The Undergraduate Research Students' Association (URSA) is hosting the 11th Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium on Wednesday, April 1st, 2020, at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in the new Student Union. The Symposium offers students from every discipline the opportunity to give a 15-minute oral research presentation to their peers. The Symposium is organized by and for undergraduates from every discipline and, as such, offers a wide scope of exposure to research in a setting that is less intimidating than professional conferences. The Symposium is an ideal venue for students presenting their research for the first time, while also serving as an equally great opportunity for more experienced presenters.

--
Emma Koory
Biochemistry & Cellular and Molecular Biology