Good afternoon everyone,

As I hope you know, next week is Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week at UT. All of us organizers had many events planned, but they have been canceled due to the coronavirus. We have worked with units across campus to provide a different form of GPSAW this year, and we have some online events planned that we'd like to promote. Normally, I would have loved to have gotten this out earlier, but I hope you'll help us still make this a good week. I'm attaching the calendar of events, and you can visit either our page on the Graduate School website (tiny.utk.edu/gpsaw2020) or calendar.utk.edu/gpsaw_events to get details on online professional development workshops.

Another way we'd like to show appreciation for graduate and professional students is by sharing stories of graduate students. Over here at the Graduate School, we're working on some that we can post, but if you have any stories that you could share on social media with #UTKGPSAW, that would be great. They don't even have to be new stories, necessarily, but you could highlight stories that have been out there so far this year. Or if you have some students you'd like to spotlight, but you don't have anything, we might be able to find someone to help write up a spotlight.

A third way we're showing appreciation is through our GTA Shout-Out (tiny.utk.edu/gta-shoutout), where undergraduates, faculty, and staff can say nice things about GTAs who are teaching them or who they're working with. We've been out on social media with this information, but we'd appreciate any sharing you can do.

This year, our graduate and professional students have had to navigate changing from in-person to online teaching modes for classes they take and teach, while figuring out how to stay on track in their program as the landscape changes drastically. I know we all have a lot on our plates right now, but all of us here at the Graduate School would appreciate any help in ensuring that the work that our graduate and professional students do still gets highlighted and appreciated.

If I can provide any information, please reach out to me.

Thanks!
Sean

ut-emailsignature

Sean Hendricks, PhD