Hi all –

Ready to leap into TEL?  (I’m pretty excited for 2/29!)   TEL has you covered! If you can’t make them all, don’t worry they will be recorded and available on TEL’s training calendar. These webinars will be covering Gale, ProQuest and Transparent Language resources.

Recently Recorded Webinars:

World Book Resources on Women’s Suffrage - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/1314822797512085507

Transparent Language for Libraries - https://home.transparent.com/library-webinars-archive

Gale Webinars - https://support.gale.com/tel/webinars

UPCOMING WEBINARS:
Using Gale Resources for Project-based Learning
(NEW)

February 19, 2020 at 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM CST/ 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM EST

Description: Did you know that you have access to digital resources that support Inquiry-based and Project-based Learning?  Would you like to learn how your Gale resources from the Tennessee Electronic Library (TEL) can be used during the investigation and data collection for a unit of study?  In this session, we will apply the concepts of the instructional models of IBL and PBL to the content, tools and features in your Gale resources.  We will explore best practices for not only these two teaching concepts but, also how tools such as:  Advanced Search, Text-to-Speech, Highlights and Notes successfully support Scaffolding and Differentiation.  Join this session to learn how your digital resources can support classroom instruction!

Link to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4288461888845977869

International Content in HeritageQuest

February 21, 2020 at 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM CST/ 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM EST

Description: HeritageQuest now includes specific international information. For those patrons that have complete DNA kits and want to learn more about other parts of the world or their family research has taken them outside the United States this information provides valuable insight. This webinar will examine the international content in HeritageQuest.

Link to register: https://proquestmeetings.webex.com/proquestmeetings/onstage/g.php?PRID=3fbd4d15e27e1e4cee06ecfc72f5189f

Testing & Education Reference Center

March 3, 2020 at 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CST/ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST

Description: Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC) helps users achieve educational and professional success. TERC includes practice exams, online books, a family college planning center, and other tools designed to support those preparing to take the next step on their educational path. A recently updated resume tool, and virtual career library support professional needs, and those with access to TERC with Career Module will also find a newly enhanced career assessment and additional tools. This webinar will cover the career exploration tools (career assessment, cover letters, and resume builder), explore resources to help pay for college, and highlight preparatory tests and online books. Join us to learn more about how TERC can empower users in your community!

Link to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1707798148974741261

Supporting Young Learners (K-12) with Transparent Language Online(NEW)

March 3, 2020 at 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CST/ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST

Description: Did you know that Transparent Language Online has learning content specifically designed for young learners? In this webinar, we’ll explore the available content for different ages, including K-2, elementary, and teens. We will look at how the content differs for each age range and review what supplemental resources are available.

Link to register

Imagine Your Story Summer Reading with Your TEL Gale Resources (NEW)

March 11, 2020 at 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM CST/ 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM EST

Description: Did you It's 2020, time to prepare for Summer Reading -"Imagine Your Story!" In this session we will discuss how to match readers with books that meet their interests using Gale’s resource, Books and Authors from the Tennessee Electronic Library.  We'll take a close look at the recently updated features such as: Seasonal Picks, Spotlight titles, Browse by Genre or by Author, Read-a-like, and so much more!  Gale Books and Authors is a great resource for finding interesting titles to support summer reading on Fairy Tales, Mythology, and Fantasy books.  We will also touch on summer reading content in Gale Literature and Kids InfoBits.  The resources and activities covered will make reading (and research) fun and engaging, while encouraging appreciation and use of your library and its resources.  This session will be recorded.

Link to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4484572982614337805

Transparent Language Online: Reporting, Adoption, and Usage

March 18, 2020 at 11:00 AM - Noon CST/ Noon - 1:00 PM EST

Description: Trying to promote and measure interest in Transparent Language Online in your library community? This webinar will focus on reporting and adoption of Transparent Language Online within your library. We will look at types of reports that admins can generate and the types of information each report will give you. We’ll also show you how to schedule reports so that they can be delivered right to your email for convenience! We will also look at marketing tactics for increasing adoption and usage of Transparent Language Online.

Link to register

Summer Reading with World Book Online (NEW)

March 25, 2020 at 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM CST/ 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM EST

Description:  Dive in to summer reading with World Book Online.  We are here to support you with the 2020 Summer Reading program – Fables & Myths.  Join us as we cover where to find relevant titles, support materials, activity ideas, and more!

Registration link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8109052591018624525

Using World Book Timelines in Schools and Libraries (NEW)

April 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM CST/ 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM EST

Description:  Look inside this unique World Book feature for inspiration on how engage students and patrons in new ways.  These are not just for browsing, make these hands on by having students and patrons create their own timelines!  From vacation to character development, there are more ways to use Timelines than meet the eye.

Registration link:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8622311215934388749

A New Year for New Business Opportunities with Your Gale Resources

April 15, 2020 at 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM CST/ 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM EST

Description: Your library provides essential services to support small business development and economic growth. Join us to learn how your Tennessee Electronic Library Gale resources can support your efforts and enhance your impact. In this session, we'll explore how to find background information on funding sources. We'll also explore successful business plans, small business trends, lending sources, and popular managing topics.  Join this session to learn how your Gale resources can work for you!  This session will be recorded for those unable to attend.

Link to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3269664311081765389

Support for English Language Learners in World Book Online (NEW)

May 13, 2020 at 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM CST/ 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM EST

Description:  Learn how to use World Book Online's features to support English Language Learners.  We will look at each resource with the lens of supporting ELL and spend time diving into Discover and Encilopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos.

Registration Link:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5991601003619885581

Accessibility Tools and Gale Resources for All Users (NEW)

May 20, 2020 at 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM CST/ 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM EST

Description: Discover all the features available in your Tennessee Electronic Library resources from Gale (Gale In Context: Middle School, Gale General OneFile, and Gale Health and Wellness) that support the needs of your English language learners and reach more users with our accessibility support tools! In this session, you’ll learn how our various tools support all your learners: Text-to-Speech, Translate, Topic Finder and so many more features can be utilized to find content for every learner! We'll also explore how Gale’s rich multimedia content can meet the needs of all your users as well. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Link to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8593952611891589644

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline