Dear Geographers and Sustainers:

Dr. Richard Alley will be on campus to give the annual Mossman lecture on March 4 (evening).  This is a big deal, and it gets even better!

There are two special sessions with Dr. Alley that will give you an opportunity to learn more in a small group setting.   One is for undergraduates interested in sustainability.  The other is for faculty and grad students who are studying climate and climate change.   Seating is limited, so if you are in one of these categories, sign up today to have a chance to attend a session with Dr. Alley.

Dr. Alley is a rock star in the world of climate change, whose accomplishments among many include developing ice core records that showed how very quickly climate can change.

See: https://www.climateone.org/people/richard-alley

And put his talk on your calendar for Wednesday evening of next week!

We will also have a climate-change related Geography colloquium next week, on March 5.  It keeps getting better!

Cheers,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography