Don’t tell my boss that I’m updating my resume 😊

As of today, there is a new resume writing tool in TEL!  As I’ve been playing around with the new resume writing tool, my initial thoughts overall it seems very intuitive to use and the templates are modern and visually appealing. The ability to create urls to share your resume is a nice addition since it has various levels of permissions built in. I think this will definitely be helpful for job searchers at all levels!

On January 31, a new resume tool within TERC will become available through a partnership with VisualCV, a well-established consumer service for facilitating the creation of resumes and cover letters. Through this integration of VisualCV Resume Creator, TERC users now gain access to:

The current Resume Builder and new VisualCV Resume Creator will both remain available in TERC for a transition period.  A notification will be added in TERC to advise when the Resume Builder will be removed in order to give time for patrons to save existing resume information or import a previous resume into the new resume writing tool.  Further information on timeline will be forthcoming from Gale.

Go to Testing & Education Reference Center

(if you don’t have a TERC account, you will have to create one)

  1. Navigate to the College Prep menu
  2. Choose Resume Writing from the dropdown menu
  3. Choose VisualCV Resume Creator
  4. Create a new resume or import from a template

Additional Information

Do I need to do anything to my library links to use this new feature? No URL changes are required for these updates.

Will there be any trainings or webinars are this new feature? Webinars will be scheduled shortly and any in person TEL trainings covering TERC will include the new resume writing tool.

Do we have a sense of how long the transition period will be? Gale is targeting keeping the existing tool in place until the end of May but I’ll send out more info when that date is confirmed.

Is there a plan to migrate existing resumes in Resume Builder to VisualCV Resume Creator or will users have to create new resumes in VisualCV Resume Creator before the transition date cut off? Data will not be migrated; however, Visual CV does feature an Import tool that allows users to upload any existing resumes. Users who have created resumes in Resume Builder can download their existing resumes as PDF or Word files and upload them to the new tool.

Is there a mechanism for users to remove resumes from their account? Users can manually delete resumes or submit a formal request to be forgotten to [log in to unmask] or through Gale Technical Support.

Besides the messaging within TERC, will a message be sent to TERC users that have listed their emails and have created resumes? No, unfortunately we are not permitted to contact individuals directly. However, if users miss the in-product notification, we will retain the data for a period of time and will be able to facilitate direct requests for users wishing to obtain any previously created resumes.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline