From: Parker, Rose I
Sent: October 31, 2019 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Upcoming changes to email

Good afternoon,

Over the last year, the Office of Information Technology has been working to improve email security. We have consulted with many departments on campus who are using third-party email tools, such as Emma, Constant Contact, and MailChimp, to send email from utk.edu email addresses.

OIT coordinates with these departments and vendors to ensure email messages are sent legitimately on our behalf. If you set up a new third-party service that will be sending emails from utk.edu email addresses, please contact the OIT HelpDesk before you start sending emails, or these messages may not be delivered to the recipient's inbox beginning November 5, 2019.

If you are using these tools to send email from tennessee.edu or vols.utk.edu email addresses, contact us now to have your account set up with these new security measures before they are required later this year.

If you would like to learn more about the technology we are using, visit our website<https://help.utk.edu/kb/index.php?func=show&e=2830> or contact the OIT HelpDesk at 865-974-9900 or help.utk.edu<http://help.utk.edu/>.

Thanks,
Rose

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Rose Parker
Assistant Director
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Information Technology, Support Organization
119 Kingston Pike Building
2309 Kingston Pike
OIT SUPPORT
Course Delivery * Desktop Support * HelpDesk * Instructional Support * Research Support
Stay informed. Sign up for weekly technology updates<http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/itweekly.html> or monthly researcher and instructor-focused news<http://utk.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a348841b15d00f4d14e00fb59&id=8a0f6d9e0d>.

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html