Passing along in case you know a researcher who would benefit from these online webinars.

—Erin

From: Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, January 6, 2020 at 12:42 PM
To: "Chapin, Erin" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Upcoming Online Learning Experiences

Happy New Year!

Applications are now open for our upcoming Alda-Kavli Learning Center online learning experiences for the Spring 2020 semester.

Webinars:

A Guide to Speaking with Humans

Paul Sutter - January 15

You're a scientist. You know things. You'd like to talk to people about those things. But how? Let's explore the world of science communication together, and find how and where you can fit in best. Maybe it's on social media. Maybe it's blogging or vlogging. Maybe it's talking to journalists. Maybe it's a book or public speaking. Maybe it's all of the above. As a bonus, we'll discuss how to maintain a public presence without sacrificing your research!

Online Workshops:

We will review and accept applications for each workshop on a rolling basis

and applications will close when the spots in each session are filled.

Know Your Audience

January 16

March 5

Know Your Goal

January 30

March 19

Know Your Tactics

February 13

April 9

Making Your Case to Congress

February 20

April 23

These online learning experiences are made possible thanks to the generous support of:

Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science, Stony Brook University, Melville Library N4029, Stony Brook, NY 11794-3394

Sent by [log in to unmask] in collaboration with