Hi –

‘Tis the season for…genealogy! As your library gets flooded with patrons with familial curiosity, help them navigate to free collections within TEL (www.tntel.info) that can help uncover family secrets and help cut through a genealogical roadblock. Beyond census materials, there are city directories, international collections and Find a Grave collections to search.

Learn more about the HeritageQuest Online collections -- remember you will need to search the collections separately!

HeritageQuest for the Holidays for TEL -- This 30 minute webinar includes a nice overview of the difference between HeritageQuest (free)  and Ancesty.com (not free). That said, we do have some TN specific collections freely available via TEL – TN Records on Ancesty.com!

Additional resources:

HeritageQuest Research Aids https://www.ancestryheritagequest.com/HQA/ResearchAids

Help Libguide - https://proquest.libguides.com/hqo/about

Free Genealogy Charts and Forms - https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Free-Charts-and-Forms

Happy Holidays!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline