Dear IS PhD students,

The position announcement below might be of interest to some of you who are close to finishing.

I also want to encourage all of you to attend the faculty candidate job talks we will have in the upcoming year.  We are hiring four new faculty this year:  two clinical faculty and two tenure track faculty and need your feedback. We need your help and value your feedback.

The clinical faculty candidates will visit on 1/6, 1/13 and 1/14.  Their talks will be from 10:30-11:30 in Scripps Lab, with a lunch following for students (you!).  To sign-up for one or more lunch, please visit:   https://utk.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b468s1KJmoq4V5X

Once we have the tenure track faculty visits scheduled, I will let you know.  Scott Sikes is your representative on the clinical faculty search and Cassandra Huang is your representative on the tenure track faculty search.

And, of course, while you are scheduling things for the spring, don’t forget about the IS PhD student/faculty lunch on Friday, 1/10.  We will discuss the academic job search, with a specific focus on writing research statements. You will have an opportunity to draft your research statement and get feedback from faculty later in the semester. Kevin and Cassandra will share what they learned serving on tenure track faculty search committees.  Please send Pamela an email to sign-up for this event so we know how much lunch to order.

Happy holidays!

Diane

---
Diane Kelly, Professor and Director
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park Dr., Suite 451
Knoxville, TN 37996-0341
Telephone: 865-974-5882
Zoom:  https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/5595360815

[facebook30]<https://www.facebook.com/UTKSIS/>       [instagramupdated] <https://www.instagram.com/utk_sis/>        [twitter30] <https://twitter.com/UTKSIS>        [linkedinlogo30] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/utksis/>
[spacer]
[School of Information Sciences - Shortcut-2Line]<https://www.sis.utk.edu/>