Hi Michael

NHTSA has studied traffic delay from incidents extensively. Their report The Economic and Societal Impact Of Motor Vehicle Crashes, 2010, revised 2015
(Revised) provides a lot of information on the cause of delay related to the type of crash, PDO, Injury and fatal and cuts the data by time of day, weekday v weekend, physical impact on the road way such as lane closure and other factors.  This discussion starts on about page 50 of the report.

We completed a study for the FHWA Office of Safety in early 2018 where we used the NHTSA data.   There is a discussion in this report of the estimate of time savings benefits from crash avoidance.  There is also a growing amount of performance data from highway safety patrols recording the time required to reach an incident and the time it took to clear the incident.  This data is available from state DOTs with safety patrols.  I know Maryland has a mature program as do several other states.  National data may also be available from the FHWA Office of Operations.  Jim Hunt in that office may be able to help you, [log in to unmask].

Good luck.

Mike