Hi Michael

NHTSA has studied traffic delay from incidents extensively. Their report
The Economic and Societal Impact Of Motor Vehicle Crashes, 2010, revised
2015
(Revised) provides a lot of information on the cause of delay related to
the type of crash, PDO, Injury and fatal and cuts the data by time of day,
weekday v weekend, physical impact on the road way such as lane closure and
other factors.  This discussion starts on about page 50 of the report.

We completed a study for the FHWA Office of Safety in early 2018 where we
used the NHTSA data.   There is a discussion in this report of the estimate
of time savings benefits from crash avoidance.  There is also a growing
amount of performance data from highway safety patrols recording the time
required to reach an incident and the time it took to clear the incident.
This data is available from state DOTs with safety patrols.  I know
Maryland has a mature program as do several other states.  National data
may also be available from the FHWA Office of Operations.  Jim Hunt in that
office may be able to help you, [log in to unmask]

Good luck.

Mike

--
*Mike*