Dear Geographers,

I'm pleased to share news of Dr. Stacey Sinclair's visit to UT and talk in early January.

The UT Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa (for which I am currently President) is pleased to announce that we will be hosting Dr. Stacey Sinclair, Professor of Psychology and Public Affairs at Princeton University, as a PBK Visiting Scholar on January 9th and 10th. Dr. Sinclair specializes in the study of implicit bias, cultural prejudice, and how these influence individual actions.

Dr. Sinclair will be delivering a public lecture at the UT Student Union Auditorium on Thursday, the 9th of January, at 7:30 P.M. (one month from now). Her lecture is about the reasons that institutions are motivated to diversify, and the reasons why.

Please share the attached flyer and information about the lecture with your students.  Dr. Sinclair's visit is being arranged by Dr. Ben Auerbach, Vice President of Phi Beta Kappa at UT, together with sponsoring departments listed below.  If you have questions, please contact him, or ask me and I will put you in touch.

The auditorium in the student union is huge, so there should be no limitation on inviting students in your classes to attend.

The lecture is sponsored by Phi Beta Kappa and by the Departments of Psychology and Sociology at UT, with support from the Colleges of Arts & Sciences, Law, Engineering, Communications, Social Work, the Provost’s Office, the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Engagement, and the STRIDE Committee.

Sincerely,

Sally

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography
304 Burchfiel Geography Building

1000 Phillip Fulmer Way
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925  U.S.A.

phone: (865) 974-6030
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
http://geography.utk.edu/about-us/faculty/dr-sally-horn/