2019 Teens’ Top Ten Official Titles
The 2019 Teens’ Top Ten titles were announced last month. Download the full list with annotations now and share them with your teen patrons. Have your teens read a good book recently? They can submit it to be considered as a nominee for the 2020 Teens’ Top Ten.

Plan Your Summer Learning Program with our Publication!

Winter is just beginning, but it’s never too early to start planning your summer learning program. Whether you’ve just started transitioning from summer reading to summer learning, or have already completed it, our book, Teen Summer Learning Programs: From Start to Finish can help you think through the nuts and bolts of designing, implementing, and improving your summer learning program to ensure success. Available now in print, e-book, or as a bundle

2019 YALSA YA Services Symposium Highlights
YALSA’s 2019 YA Services Symposium took place the first weekend in November and was a great success. If you couldn’t be there or would like to look back at sessions, check out a few highlights from American Libraries:

YALSA’s 2020 YA Services Symposium will take place November 6-8 in Reno, NV. Registration opens in April. Interested individuals can sign up for updates about the symposium here.

Teens First: Basic Learning Outcomes Guide
Setting specific, practical learning goals for your teen program is important to ensure quality learning for teens. Our free basic learning outcomes resource makes it easy for you to identify and set them. View the quick, one-page guide now. Need additional guidance? Check out our Teen Programming Guidelines.

Blog Post Round-Up

·         Reaching out to Teens in Group Homes

·         Offsite Programming Extends Opportunities for Youth

·         Grant Gives Local Teen an Inspiring Work Experience

·         Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers (#QP2020) Nominees Round Up, November 12 Edition

·         Amazing Audiobooks (#AA2020) Nominees Round Up, November 13 Edition

·         Great Graphic Novels (#GGN2020) Nominees Round Up, November 14 Edition

·         NaNoWriMo Inspiration for Teens

Thanks.

Anna Lam

Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)

50 E. Huron St. Chicago, IL 60611

Check out our new Teen Summer Learning Programs publication!