Dear IS PhD students and SIS faculty,

In keeping with our recent tradition of having periodic lunch sessions with you, the SIS Research Advisory Council would like to invite you to a professional development lunch with SIS faculty.

Date:  Friday, January 10th, 2020
Time:  12:00-1:00pm
Location: Scripps Theater
Lunch: Panera provided by SIS

Purpose:  Join the faculty for a lunch-time discussion focused on the job search process (specifically, for faculty positions, but we will also discuss searches for other types of positions too). The discussion will cover the entire process from A-Z, including the format of the CV, the content of various statements, preliminary interviews (often online), on-site interviews, and the job talk.

As many of you know, we will host a number of candidates in the spring for our faculty positions, so there is also an opportunity for “experiential learning” later in the semester!

Please email Pamela Durban if you plan to attend.  We will send additional reminders once the date approaches.

Enjoy the snow,

Diane
---
Diane Kelly, Professor and Director
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park Dr., Suite 451
Knoxville, TN 37996-0341
Telephone: 865-974-5882
Zoom:  https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/5595360815

[facebook30]<https://www.facebook.com/UTKSIS/>       [instagramupdated] <https://www.instagram.com/utk_sis/>        [twitter30] <https://twitter.com/UTKSIS>        [linkedinlogo30] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/utksis/>
[spacer]
[School of Information Sciences - Shortcut-2Line]<https://www.sis.utk.edu/>