Dear All:

I will teach “GEOG 517: Geodatabase Design”, which is listed as “GEOG 517: Geographic Information Management and Processing” in the UTK Catalog, in the Spring semester of 2020.  Geodatabase is the primary data model developed for ArcGIS, which supports an object-oriented data model that can represent entities as objects with properties, behavior, and relationships.  Most of us have used GIS data in ArcGIS created by other people, but few of us have designed and created our own GIS databases to tackle real-world problems.  If you are interested in learning the concepts and the technical skills of Geodatabase design and creation with your own data and for your own applications, join us in this course which meets at 5:10 – 7:50 PM on Thursdays in Spring 2020.

Undergraduate students who have successfully completed GEOG 411: Intermediate Geographic Information Science are welcome to take this class.  Attached is a flyer of this GEOG 517 course for your information.  Please feel free to contact Dr. Shih-Lung Shaw if you have questions or need additional information.

Best regards,

Shih-Lung

Shih-Lung Shaw, Ph.D.

Alvin and Sally Beaman Professor &