From: Thornton Center Tutors <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 12:39 PM
To: Kalafsky, Ronald V <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Thornton Center Tutors <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Tutor Recruitment Assistance: Thornton Center

Hi, Dr. Kalafsky,

I hope all is well!  The Thornton Center is looking to hire qualified tutors to assist students with the understanding of course content and in the development of academic skills.  Tutoring at the Thornton Center is a fantastic opportunity for upperclassmen who are looking to give back to their university, to help others, and to sharpen their knowledge all at the same time! Would you be willing to share the attached flyer with any potentially interested parties?  We are hoping you would be able to assist us in recruiting tutors for GEOG courses in particular, but applicants are not limited to courses within a specific college or discipline.

I have also drafted a message (in purple below) that can be used for listserv purposes as well.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

All the best,
~Marti

--
[http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif]

Thornton Center Tutoring Program
Marti McClard
Tutor Coordinator

Thornton Athletics Student Life Center
1801 Volunteer Blvd

Dear students,

The Thornton Athletics Student Life Center on campus is searching for a variety of subject tutors! The position is paid, the hours are flexible, and availability is determined by the tutor. The position is open to any upperclassman (minimum junior standing and a 3.0 cumulative GPA) who has previously earned a B or higher in the course(s) they intend to tutor.

Please see the attached flyer for more information.  Click here<https://forms.gle/nCYoxHewS9wMaupt8> to apply online and here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1myRx-RpfvJmXwbUZ2bEiYoSzN6yMrilqgXDAPSHUzMI/edit?usp=sharing> to see a list of just some of the courses for which we have a tutoring need.  If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Thornton Center Tutoring Program at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  Thank you for your consideration.

Best,
TC Tutoring Program