<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
________________________________
From: Timothy Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2019 8:52 AM
To: Timothy Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Opportunity for Students: Innovation in Appalachia Research Symposium

Dear Chair, Program Director, or Undergraduate Advisor;

The Department of Geology and Geography at West Virginia University is participating in a conference that is intended to showcase undergraduate research and explore pathways to graduate studies at the inaugural Innovation in Appalachia Research Symposium on May 18-19th 2020 in Morgantown, West Virginia.

The symposium invites sophomores and juniors (rising juniors and seniors as of May 2020) conducting research in the fields of astronomy, biology, chemistry, geography, geology, mathematics, physics, or sociology to present research posters, connect with fellow students across Appalachia and beyond, meet world-class faculty and graduate students, and tour WVU's research facilities.  We are especially encouraging undergraduates in all aspects of the geosciences and geography.

Expenses for this two-day symposium are covered. The application process is competitive and requires students to submit an abstract of their poster. Students accepted will receive free onsite lodging and meals and a travel allowance to get to and from campus.

All posters will be evaluated by a panel of local and regional judges. The top three poster presentations in each research area will receive cash prizes.

A flyer attached and additional information is online at: https://eberly.wvu.edu/research/innovation-in-appalachia-symposium

If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or have your student contact me.

Kind Regards,

Tim

Timothy R. Carr, Marshall Miller Professor of Energy
Chair, Department of Geology and Geography
Room 330, Brooks Hall
PO Box 6300, 98 Beechurst Ave.
West Virginia University
Morgantown, WV 26506