Get Outlook for iOS

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Mariel Colbert <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: [alacro-l] E-books advocacy update for Chapters

Good afternoon colleagues,

Thank you for taking action to oppose Macmillan Publishers’ planned library eBook embargo. By signing the #eBooksForAll petition, you sent Macmillan’s CEO John Sargent a strong message: access to library eBooks should not be delayed or denied.

This morning, we are delivering the petition with more than 150,000 signatures to Macmillan’s office in New York. Will you help us in a final push before the embargo is scheduled to take effect November 1?

Here’s how:

  1. Forward this email to three friends and encourage them to visit ebooksforall.org and sign the petition.
  2. Post these two videos on your social media channels to help educate others about the threat to library eBooks.
  3. Deliver your state’s results digitally! Share how many people in your state have signed on to the petition as of yesterday. Download your state’s graphic and share on social using the hashtag #eBooksForAll. (Scroll down on the page to “deliver your state’s results digitally” for state-by-state information.)

We have Macmillan’s attention, and we will continue engaging the public, the media and policymakers to demand #eBooksForAll. Watch for ALA’s news release later today.

Thanks again, Larra

Larra Clark

Deputy Director

ALA Public Policy & Advocacy

Public Library Association

If you no longer wish to receive information via this e-list, here are the instructions on how to unsubscribe:

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:
* Go to http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/alacro-l
* Log in on this page; first time users will need to get a password by following instructions
* Choose Unsubscribe from the left-hand column and follow instructions