Calling all Medical Librarians and Health Literacy Advocates!

Please join the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic Region in celebrating National Medical Librarians and National Health Literacy Month by sharing your contest submission starting… now!

What Do I Have to Do?

Choose one of October’s National Days<https://nationaldaycalendar.com/october/> for inspiration and either write an article, create an image, or shoot a short video in celebration of your day of choice and submit it online<https://umaryland.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_865NZYH8PAFEy7b>.

Both silly and serious submissions are encouraged. Share your medical librarian perspective, display your health literacy expertise, or choose to show an entirely different side of yourself!

What Do I Get?

Participants will be entered into a lottery to receive a free conference registration* of their choice!

You Mean I Get to Have Fun and Possibly Win a Prize?!

Correctamundo! When you’re ready, please submit your creation HERE<https://umaryland.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_865NZYH8PAFEy7b>.

Specs:

  *   Article: DOCX  (between 500 and 750 words)
  *   Art: JPG, PNG or GIF  (size limit – up to 15MB)
  *   Video: MOV or MP4  (up to 1 minute in length)

What’s the Deadline to Submit?

Extended! Monday, September 30th is ideal but we'll accept submissions through October 28th.

I’m UBER creative – Can I submit more than once?

Can’t decide between Knock-Knock Joke Day and I Love Yarn Day? No problem! Each person can submit up to three times.

Will You Make Me a Star?

Of course! We’ll feature you on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/NNLMSEA/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/NNLMSEA>, and our electronic newsletter, SEA Currents<https://news.nnlm.gov/sea/>. Multiple submissions from individuals at your institution can be featured.

Have fun & thank you for playing!

*Conference registration is for one person, up to $1000, and is non-transferable.

Questions? Nancy Patterson<mailto:[log in to unmask]> is happy to assist.

Nancy Patterson, MLS
Network Engagement Coordinator
National Network of Libraries of Medicine, SEA
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Health Sciences & Human Services Library
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore MD 21201-1512
Direct line:  410.706.2858