Dear IS PhD students,

We are hosting Rodney Freeman, a prospective PhD student, on Thursday, September 19th from 10:30-3:00.  Rodney currently works as a librarian at TSU.  He is also the creator of The Black Male Archives and has a podcast as well:  https://www.theblackmalearchives.com  He is interested in archives and social justice issues.

I would appreciate your hosting Rodney for lunch from 12:00 to 1:00 (the time can shift if it overlaps with a CCI class).  If you are interested in having lunch with Rodney, please send an email to Pamela Durban by THIS FRIDAY, 9/13.

I also want to let you know that SIS will be hiring four new faculty this upcoming year: two tenure-track faculty and two clinical faculty.  Cassandra Huang and Scott Sikes are your representatives on each of these committees, and will keep you posted about various ways you can get involved.  Your help last year was extremely valuable and the SIS faculty look forward to your input and contributions this year as well.

Cheers,

Diane

---

Diane Kelly, Professor and Director
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park Dr., Suite 451
Knoxville, TN 37996-0341
Telephone: 865-974-5882
Zoom:  https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/5595360815

facebook30       instagramupdated       twitter30       linkedinlogo30
spacer
School of Information Sciences - Shortcut-2Line