Dear fellow Tennessee librarians –

I’m a devoted, multiple-year attendee of the Library Collective (that’s three years in a row!). I tell every librarian I meet that it is *the* library event of my year. I always leave excited and full of ideas. So, of course I’m stoked that LibColl is expanding to be online, all the time.

The League of Awesome Librarians, a new initiative from The Library Collective, is here to redefine what a professional association can and should be: fun, useful, and affordable, just like everything we do!

Imagine a private social network of badass librarians: like Facebook without the ads or listservs without the rambling emails or job posts. Imagine an alternative to a repetitive, outdated magazine that has fresh content weekly written by/for librarians designed to help you tackle your most pressing issues or simply just feel like you’re not alone. What if there were a real life community of peers who are there to support you, no matter where you are geographically, 24/7?

We (your fellow librarians) have made it for you and for us! And, of course, our version is totally affordable so you don’t feel like you’re tithing to be a part of our profession.

Wanna learn more about how to connect with awesome librarians and fresh content year-round? Watch our intro video and read more about the perks of being awesome.

Ashley Roach-Freiman | she / her / hers

Research and Instruction Librarian | Assistant Professor, University Libraries

[log in to unmask]" alt="UofM logo">

The University of Memphis
120 Ned McWherter Library
Memphis, TN 38152

901.678.8213 | memphis.edu/libraries

[log in to unmask]" alt="UofM Facebook">

[log in to unmask]" alt="UofM Twitter">

[log in to unmask]" alt="UofM Instagram">