Hi -
We have some good news and some bad news.  Due to unexpected system maintenance at Cengage, Gale Support sites included Gale Pages, TEL's authentication, TEL4U.org and training/support documentation are currently offline.  Gale is working to restore access as soon as possible. None of Gale's databases or account information were impacted.

In the meantime (good new :)) ---

The majority of the databases are now working on www.tntel.info<http://www.tntel.info>.  Currently there is no access to TEL4U.org, HeritageQuest and Tennessee Records on Ancestry.com. I am working to get temporary fixes in place for the last few resources until authentication is restored.

Other impacts (bad news :() ---
If you are using Gale Pages, I'll be updated about their status this afternoon and will forward on any information I hear.

EZProxy Users - If you are using non geo URLs (https://infotrac.gale.com/itweb/[LOCATION ID]?db=HRCA), you should not see any impacts to Gale database access. If you are using the Geo Authenticated link (http://galesupport.com/telGeo/telGeoLink.php?loc=[LOCATION ID]?&db=BNA), you will not have access to Gale database. The best practice for ezproxy is to use the non geo URLS as shown in the first example so if your Gale database access is not working, please contact me and I can get you a list of URLS.  You will only have to update those links once.

If you have direct links to specific resources on your library website using TEL specific URLs or library specific URLs, those links will not work.  I should have a better sense this afternoon about when service will be restored.

Bookmarked urls will not work until authentication has been restored.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or email me.  Thanks for all your patience!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke
TEL Administrator
Tennessee Electronic Library<https://t.sidekickopen05.com/s1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs7fsQ6KVcVPs65vwq9jW5wvxsz56dxNMf7j4bs802?t=https%3A%2F%2Ftntel.info%2F&si=5366700099239936&pi=9a248867-b200-4bee-8b27-8181bfc9e55c>
Tennessee State Library and Archives
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
403 7th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: 615-532-4627
Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState<http://www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState>
www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline<http://www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline>