This week many of you received an e-mail informing you that you'll need to update your Form 498 with your business type. The list of these types is below that might be applicable to libraries: Data Element Label Code Code Label Code Description BusinessTypes A State Government The recipient is a U.S. state government. BusinessTypes B County Government The recipient is a U.S. county government. BusinessTypes C City or Township Government The recipient is a U.S. city or township government. BusinessTypes D Special District Government The recipient is a special district government. See https://www.census.gov/govs/go/special_district_governments.html for more information. BusinessTypes M Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS Status (Other than an Institution of Higher Education) The recipient is a Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS Status (Other than an Institution of Higher Education) BusinessTypes N Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS Status (Other than an Institution of Higher Education) The recipient is a Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS Status (Other than an Institution of Higher Education) BusinessTypes Q For-Profit Organization (Other than Small Business) The recipient is a For-Profit Organization (Other than Small Business) BusinessTypes R Small Business The recipient is a Small Business BusinessTypes X Other The recipient is not covered under any of the other categories above. To view the whole list, you can check it out at: list of business types Note: I'd recommend that if you have not already filed for your reimbursement, that you submit this update prior to filing your Form 472. To make this change 1. Log into EPC 2. Click on the Records tab at the top 3. Click on FCC Forms 498 4. Click on the Form number that is certified 5. On the far right, click Modify Form 486 [Here's where you input your business type.][cid:[log in to unmask]][cid:[log in to unmask]] Please note: unless you are a true, filed with the IRS 501-C-3, please do not pick that as an option. Being tax exempt does not mean that you 're automatically a 501-C-3. It may mean that you are using your city/county's tax exempt number, which would make you a business type of a city or county government. What you choose to pick as a business type is up to you, though. I'm happy to talk through options with anyone if they need to. What is Form 498? Form 498 sets up your direct deposit information for reimbursement. What if I get direct discounts on my bills, do I have to do this? No, if you do not request reimbursements via Form 472, then this doesn't apply to you. Do I have to do this form each year, too? No, this is typically a one-time form. The only reason you'd make a change is either your banking information has changed, or there is an update that the SLD requires. Hope this helps! If you have questions, please feel free to contact me off-list. Jennifer Jennifer Cowan-Henderson Director of Planning and Development State E-rate Coordinator for Public Libraries Tennessee State Library and Archives Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett 403 7th Avenue North Nashville, TN 37243 p 615-741-1923 f 615-532-9904 [log in to unmask] This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq. Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act. The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment. Secretary of State Social Media Links: www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline