Hi!  I’m an SIS alumnae and one of the editors-at-large for The American Archivist Reviews Portal, which is part of the Society of American Archivists. We are seeking new contributors to grow the portal. You do not need to be an SAA member to submit reviews. If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to contact me or Reviews Portal Coordinator, Gloria Gonzalez ([log in to unmask]).

Check out The American Archivist Reviews Portal

The American Archivist Reviews Portal complements the journal’s reviews as a space for evaluations of software, tools, digital projects, services, websites, and resources that archivists create and use. Visit the Reviews Portal to learn how these resources are used for the preservation and stewardship of digital archival material, as well as generating greater engagement with users.

Recent reviews on the Reviews Portal:

  1. Trello
  2. Homosaurus and the Digital Transgender Archive
  3. Still so Much to Learn: Star Trek and the Archives
  4. They're Digging in the Wrong Place: the Influence of Indiana Jones on the Archives

Visit the portal at https://reviews.americanarchivist.org/

Reviewers Wanted

Are you interested in writing a review for The American Archivist Reviews Portal? We need reviewers to assess digital collections and exhibits, as well as digital tools, platforms, and other resources that archivists use. We strongly encourage reviews from new professionals and students. Our editors are available to help writers throughout the entire review process.

Reviews of software, websites, or other digital tools and resources should be 500 to 750 words. Microreviews of monographs, journal articles, blogs or apps should be 100 to 200 words. Guidelines for writing reviews are available on the Reviews Portal. Reviewers can select a resource or work with the reviews coordinator to choose a resource.

If you are interested in authoring a review  or have any questions, please contact the Reviews Portal Coordinator, Gloria Gonzalez ([log in to unmask]).

--

Becky Briggs Becker
University Archives Assistant, University of Tennessee Libraries

Editor-at-Large, The American Archivist Reviews Portal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- To join/leave the list or browse the ISALUMNI archives, please see: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/isalumni.html