Knox County based tree care company, Valley and Ridge Forestry is hiring.

See attached flyer, job description, and employment application. Expect 10-25 hours per week
(1-3 weekdays, flexible). Starting pay $14 and up, depending upon experience. No tree care
experience is necessary for consideration, however horticulture or arboriculture background
will be strongly considered during hiring process.

About Valley and Ridge Forestry:
We are a tree care company that likes and values trees. As such, we are focused on providing
our clients with pruning-based solutions to their tree problems whenever possible. We are
based in Knox County and operate throughout the surrounding counties.

We aspire to be the kind of company with whom clients enjoy working. This means being
polite and considerate, treating the client and their property like they’re one of our own, and
leaving their property better than we found it.

We believe that finely honed skills and the awareness of when to apply them result in safety.
So we strive to empower our people to take their time and make good decisions. You won’t
find us rushing through jobs and cutting corners, that would be a violation of the trust of our
clients and our team.

Position:
Tree Care Technician-1

Position Summary:
This position is an entry level ground work position. Tasks will include: chainsaw operation,
wood debris hauling and processing, equipment maintenance, and skills development.

We’re looking for people who:
-have a resilient, optimistic attitude
-can thrive as part of a team
-enjoy working within a disciplined, safety-focused environment
-appreciate working outdoors
-come to work ready to learn, grow, and improve

Time Commitment
This position will start as part time @15-25 hours per week. As skill is developed, there will be
opportunity for increased hours.

Employment Benefits
-competitive, skill-based pay (starting at $14 per hour)
-paid skill development
-potential for advancement (we prefer to promote from within)
-sales commissions

Check out usethewholetree.com/hiring or email [log in to unmask] for more
information. Thank you for your consideration.

Charles Batey
Head Arborist/Owner, Valley and Ridge Forestry

To view the FWFjobs archives or Join/Leave the list go to:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/fwfjobs.html