Good morning!

Today is the day you have all been waiting for – Gale Enhancements 2019!

What does that mean for you?

ˇ         New Icons for all Gale resources

ˇ         New names for 43 of the 52 products

ˇ         New standardized interface as you search between databases

ˇ         Improved accessibility

ˇ         Improved user experience on mobile devices

How can I learn more about the enhancements?

ˇ         Watch a recorded webinar of the Sneak Peek of Gale Enhancements

ˇ         Additional details are found at https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements

ˇ         Read about it on our one-sheet (see attached pdf)

When will the rest of the databases be updated?

ˇ         Books & Authors will be upgraded on August 23, 2019.

ˇ         The majority of the other databases will be updated this winter -  https://support.gale.com/product-enhancements

How can I learn more about specific database changes including In Context, Periodicals, Small Business Resources and Health & Wellness?

ˇ         Register for upcoming webinars the last week of July at https://support.gale.com/tel/webinars

What do I need to do?

Don’t worry, all links and urls will still work.

ˇ         If you are using Gale Pages, those updates will happen automatically. If you have any questions, email your Customer Success Manager.

ˇ         If you are a proxy user, you will need to update some proxy settings - https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements/overview#omni-faq.

ˇ         If you have icons on your computer, use the attached Gale Icons 2019 zip file or Gale Icons 2019 to update the images.

ˇ         Update training and marketing materials.

ˇ         Use this change to reintroduce the wealth of TEL resources to your patrons, students, faculty and beyond!

When will I see the changes on the TEL website?

ˇ         Updates will be made over the weekend. The old name will be included in the resource description so you will still be able to search All Resources by the old name.

Some of the names are changing pretty dramatically, will we receive updated digital and physical marketing materials?

ˇ         Yes, TEL is working with Gale to get updated materials available as soon as possible. As we receive those materials, we will use Firefly and school districts to distribute updated materials. Links to digital materials will also be sent out as they are made available.

Database

July 2019  Name Changes

Gale PowerSearch

Gale Power Search

Academic OneFile

Gale Academic OneFile

Agriculture Collection

Gale OneFile: Agriculture

Books & Authors

Business Collection

Gale OneFile: Business

Business Economics and Theory

Gale OneFile: Economics and Theory

Business Insights: Essentials

Business Insights: Essentials

Career Transitions

Communications and Mass Media Collection

Gale OneFile: Communications and Mass Media

Criminal Justice Collection

Gale OneFile: Criminal Justice

Culinary Arts Collection

Gale OneFile: Culinary Arts

Diversity Studies Collection

Gale OneFile: Diversity Studies

Educators Reference Complete

Gale OneFile: Educator's Reference Complete

Environmental Studies and Policy Collection

Gale OneFile: Environmental Studies and Policy

Fine Arts and Music Collection

Gale OneFile: Fine Arts

Gale Literary Sources

Gale Virtual Reference Library

Gale Ebooks

Gardening, Landscape and Horticulture Collection

Gale OneFile: Gardening and Horticulture

Gender Studies Collection

Gale OneFile: Gender Studies

General OneFile

Gale General OneFile

General Science Collection

Gale OneFile: Science

Health Reference Center Academic

Gale OneFile: Health and Medicine

Health and Wellness Resource Center

Gale Health and Wellness

Home Improvement Collection

Gale OneFile: Home Improvement

Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Collection

Gale OneFile: Hospitality and Tourism

InfoTrac Newsstand

Gale OneFile: News

Information Science and Library Issues Collection

Gale OneFile: Information Science

Informe Académico

Gale OneFile: Informe Académico

Insurance and Liability Collection

Gale OneFile: Insurance and Liability

Kids InfoBits

LitFinder

Literature Resource Center

Military and Intelligence Database

Gale OneFile: Military and Intelligence

Nursing and Allied Health Collection

Gale OneFile: Nursing and Allied Health

Opposing Viewpoints In Context

Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints

Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Collection

Gale OneFile: Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine

Pop Culture Collection

Gale OneFile: Pop Culture Studies

Popular Magazines

Gale OneFile: Popular Magazines

Professional Collection

Gale OneFile: Leadership and Management

Psychology Collection

Gale OneFile: Psychology

Religion and Philosophy Collection

Gale OneFile: Religion and Philosophy

Research In Context

Gale In Context: Middle School

Scribner Writers Online

Small Business Collection

Gale OneFile: Entrepreneurship

Small Business Resource Center

Gale Business: Entrepreneurship

Student Resources In Context

Gale In Context: High School

Testing & Education Reference Center

Twayne's Authors Series

U.S. History Collection

Gale OneFile: U.S. History

Vocations and Careers Collection

Gale OneFile: Vocations and Careers

War and Terrorism Collection

Gale OneFile: War and Terrorism

World History Collection

Gale OneFile: World History

If you have any additional questions about these enhancements or any other TEL resources, please email me!

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline