Dear Tennessee Library Association Members,

It is with a mixture of sadness and gratitude that the Board of Directors announces Annelle Huggins’ departure as the Chief Executive Officer of the Tennessee Library Association, effective December 1, 2019.

Annelle has played a critical role in the development and success of our organization, and while we will miss her and her judicious counsel, we wish her all the best as she starts the next chapter of her life.  We want to thank her for 18 years of dedicated service overseeing our Association and working so graciously with multiple members of the Board, our new Advisory Council, committees, roundtables, affiliates and members.

Over the next few months, we will be conducting a search to find the new Chief Executive Director.  During this transition period, it is our priority to find the best individual to lead, while still maintaining a stable and effective organization.  We will share the job announcement soon and ask for your help in identifying candidates who can help with managing our Association in the future.

Again, we cannot thank Annelle enough for the dedication, passion, enthusiasm, and motivation she has given the Tennessee Library Association for the last 18 years. She will be greatly missed by all of us who have had the pleasure to work with her over the years.

If you have any questions or concerns during this transition process, please do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Executive Board or contact our President-Elect, Jill Rael, directly at [log in to unmask].

Sincerely,

Your TLA Executive Board

https://www.tnla.org/page/executiveboard