Happy summer!

Gale changes are coming soon! On July 26th, Gale will release an enhanced user interface across many of their databases. These changes are to improve user experience and accessibility as users go from database to database. Take a sneak peek at https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements/preview

Visual Accessibility

·         New page colors to improve visual accessibility

·         Text size options are included on each page

·         Header size is reduced to allow for more content on the screen view and to improve the mobile view

Improved Tools

·         Tool bars will begin appearing on every page for greater ease of use and to allow for expanded article content in the first screen on mobile devices

·         Explorer will be more visible on the right side of the screen, making it easier for users to find more resources on similar topics

·         Expanded visibility for Author, Content and Source information for each article

·         Topic Finder now available on all databases

As Gale is rolling out these changes, they are also tweaking and rebranding names of databases. Here is a preview of those name changes - AZ List Recommendation.

What do I need to do?

We are still waiting on final names and logos.  Those will be available on July 26th.

·         Technical UpdatesCHANGES REQUIRED BY PROXY USERS by 7/17

o   See attached email

·         Training Sessions – https://support.gale.com/tel/webinars (there are multiple sessions on each topic that will cover the same materials, you only need to register once for each topic)

Sneak Peek at Gale Refresh

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Noon – 12:30 PM CT/ 1:00 – 1:30 PM ET

Gale Trainer: Tammi VanBuren

This summer, Gale is releasing experience and design changes across its portfolio of products. These product enhancements are designed to increase access to library resources online, in the classroom and have a greater impact on user success. In this webinar, we'll offer a sneak peek at these changes. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5401438132055841803

Gale Periodicals Refresh

Monday, July 29, 2019

Noon – 12:30 PM CT/ 1:00 – 1:30 PM

Gale Trainer:  Stacey Knibloe

Gale Periodicals are receiving interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success. Learn more at our product enhancements site: https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements. In this webinar, we'll share what's changing with Academic OneFile, General OneFile, InfoTrac Newsstand and other popular Gale periodical resources and how these improvements will help users research smarter, not harder. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3844757266117295116

Gale Periodicals Refresh

Thursday, August 1, 2019

10:00 – 10:30 AM CT / 11:00 – 11:30 AM ET

Gale Trainer:

Tammi VanBuren

Gale Periodicals are receiving interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success. Learn more at our product enhancements site: https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements. In this webinar, we'll share what's changing with Academic OneFile, General OneFile, InfoTrac Newsstand and other popular Gale periodical resources and how these improvements will help users research smarter, not harder. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3015700209988091661

Research In Context Refresh

Monday, July 29, 2019

2:00 – 2:30 PM CT/ 3:00 – 3:30 PM ET

Gale Trainer: Tammi VanBuren

Gale's Research In Context is receiving interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success. (Learn more about these enhancements here: https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements.) In this webinar, we'll share what's changing with Research In Context and how these improvements will help students research smarter, not harder. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1285830869446219021

Research In Context Refresh

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Noon – 12:30 PM CT/ 1:00 – 1:30 PM ET

Gale Trainer: Stacey Knibloe

Gale's Research In Context is receiving interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success. (Learn more about these enhancements here: https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements.) In this webinar, we'll share what's changing with Research In Context and how these improvements will help students research smarter, not harder. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7881767039613163276

Gale In Context Refresh

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

10:00 – 10:45 AM CT / 11:00 – 11:45 AM ET

Gale Trainer: Tammi VanBuren

Gale's In Context product family is receiving interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success. (Learn more about these enhancements here: https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements.) In this webinar, we'll share what's changing with Biography In Context, Opposing Viewpoints In Context, and other popular In Context resources and how these improvements will help users research smarter, not harder. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2863978600471220749

Gale In Context Refresh

Thursday, August 1, 2019

2:00 – 2:45 PM CT / 3:00 – 3:45 PM ET

Gale Trainer:  Amber Winters

Gale's In Context product family is receiving interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success. (Learn more about these enhancements here: https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements.) In this webinar, we'll share what's changing with Biography In Context, Opposing Viewpoints In Context, and other popular In Context resources and how these improvements will help users research smarter, not harder. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2659563995723699468

Health & Wellness Resource Center Refresh

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

2:00 – 2:30 PM CT/ 3:00 – 3:30 PM ET

Gale Trainer: Stacey Knibloe

Gale's Health & Wellness Resource Center is receiving interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success. (Learn more about these enhancements here: https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements.) In this webinar, we'll share what's changing and how these improvements will help users research smarter, not harder. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7826649621225245453

Health & Wellness Resource Center Refresh

Friday, August 2, 2019

2:00 – 2:30 PM CT/ 3:00 – 3:30 PM ET

Gale Trainer: Stacey Knibloe

Gale's Health & Wellness Resource Center is receiving interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success. (Learn more about these enhancements here: https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements.) In this webinar, we'll share what's changing and how these improvements will help users research smarter, not harder. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2038243169007066380

Small Business Resource Center Refresh

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Noon – 12:30 PM CT/ 1:00 – 1:30 PM ET

Gale Trainer: Stacey Knibloe

Gale's Small Business Resource Center is receiving interface enhancements designed to increase access to library resources and have a greater impact on user success. (Learn more about these enhancements here: https://www.gale.com/product-enhancements.) In this webinar, we'll share what's changing and how these improvements will help users research smarter, not harder. This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2497880810859347724

I’ll send out more information as I receive it from Gale.

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline